One of our passions at home and overseas has always been to find affordable and practical ways to minimise our environmental impact and reduce single-use plastics.
As you may know we already do a lot, but recently we’ve been able to do more, and have some further creative ideas in the pipeline. You can read a lot online about the overseas work on forest preservation, and water reduction. But for EA in the UK here’s a reminder of what we do, and some new ideas:
- all take-out supplies are plastic-free, compostable / biodegradable
- re-use packaging where possible
- return packaging to suppliers for re-use e.g. polystyrene
- courier service uses paper labels instead of plastic windows
- our courier, DPD is also trying to lead it’s field in eco credentials
- packing tape switching to kraft paper not plastic where possible
- bulk paper sack option to reduce packaging on coffee
- in regular discussions with waste company about better recycling and zero landfill options
- most weeks we only produce one black bag of waste
If you have more ideas for us, even better . . . please share.